The Good Samaritan Food Assistance Program gives away groceries to residences in the area. There is no pre-registration required. All are welcome.
Distribution community centers include:
- Ed Davis Community Center on hold until renovations are completed
- Joy Park Community Center on the last three Mondays of each month from 1:30 - 3:00 PM
- Patterson Park Community Center on hold until renovations are completed. This location has temporarily moved to Forest Lodge Community Center (260 Greenwood Ave., Akron) on the last 3 Fridays of each month from 1:30 - 3:00PM.
- Summit Lake Community Center on the last three Thursdays of each month from 4:00 - 5:45 PM
Sign up for text alerts
Open a new text message on your phone. In the "To" area, type 80123. In the message box, type GOODSAMHUNGER. Hit send. You will now be able to receive text messages reminders for the most up to date information.
The Salvation Army feeds those in need throughout the city of Akron. Hot meals are offered for free to anyone who is interested. No registration is required, simply show up and receive your meal. Everyone is welcome
Meals are served Monday through Friday at the following Community Centers:
- Kenmore Community Center from 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Patterson Park Community Center on hold until construction is completed
- Summit Lake Community Center from 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM