220 S. Balch St., Akron OH
These classes will allow individuals the opportunity to work with our lifeguards regarding how to become a certified lifeguard for the City of Akron. Do you need practice building your long distance stamina or retrieving the weight from the bottom of the pool? Learn about and practice the different skills needed to pass the Lifeguard certification.
There will be no charge for this opportunity. Pre-registration will be necessary. Check back for dates..
Now Hiring! Apply Now
We are looking for reliable, hard-working individuals to work with us. Eligible employees must be 15 years or older and certified as a Lifeguard through the American Red Cross. Lifeguards are paid $15/hour and can work up to 40 hours per week when the outdoor pools are open. If you are interested in working as a lifeguard but have not yet been certified, please contact Rachel Roukey for certification opportunities.
Click here to register for your membership, or visit akron.recdesk.com
899 Diagonal Road, Akron OH 44320
RESERVOIR PARK POOL (under construction for the 2024 season)
1735 Hillside Terrace, Akron OH 44305
- HOURS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON FACILITY USAGE AND WEATHER.
- The outside temperature must be at least 70 degrees to open the pool.
- The pool will close when there is a threat of thunder or lightning and remain closed for at least 30 minutes after the last lightning strike observed.
- If large crowds are expected, admittance will be restricted.
Deep end test will be conducted by a Lifeguard and will be done during rest breaks.
All bags and coolers are subject to search at entry; refusal will result in denial of admission.
Staff reserves the right to ask individuals to leave when not following pool policies and rules.
- Children under the age 12 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older.
- Children ages 5 and under must be within arm’s reach while they are in the facility.
- Instructions from lifeguards must be followed.
- Food and beverages permitted on the pool deck only.
- No glass or alcohol allowed. Persons suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol shall be prohibited from entering the facility.
- No smoking or vaping.
- No weapons.
- All swimmers should shower before entering the pool.
- Proper swim wear required.
- Swim diapers are required for diaper-aged children.
- Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated.
- No running, dunking or excessive horseplay.
- Coast Guard approved lifejackets or puddle jumpers are allowed. No unapproved flotation devices.
- Fins, floats, masks, snorkels, and mermaid tails are not permitted.
- Do not enter the pool with a cold, skin or other body infection, open wound, diarrhea, or any contagious condition.
- No animals, except for service animals, shall be allowed in the pool area.
- The City and/or employees are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Park may be closed due to capacity, inclement weather, or special events.
JOY PARK COMMUNITY CENTER
825 Fuller Street, Akron OH 44306
FIRESTONE PARK COMMUNITY CENTER
1480 Girard Street, Akron OH 44301
PATTERSON PARK COMMUNITY CENTER (under construction)
800 Patterson Ave, Akron OH 44310
June – September
Open Daily 12:00 - 7:00PM
Weather permitting. Splash pad may be closed at any time due to weather, maintenance or other operational concerns.
SPLASH PAD RULES
- The splash pad is not a supervised area – use at your own risk.
- All children under the age of 9 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Do not use splash pad when you have diarrhea.
- Water is not meant for drinking.
- Wash hands after using the restroom or changing diapers.
- Take regular restroom breaks, change diapers in a restroom.
- Running, jumping and horseplay are prohibited.
- Pets, food, glass objects and smoking are not permitted.
- Bikes, scooters, skateboards, skates or roller blades are prohibited.
- No jumping off benches or climbing on the spray equipment.
- The splash pad is for recreational purposes only, no bathing.
- In case of thunderstorm, lightning, or severe weather, vacate the splash pad immediately.
Coming soon….swim lessons will be taking place at Balch Street Fitness Center. There will be a variety of ages and skill levels that will be offered.
Check back for times, dates and costs for the upcoming swim lessons.