Your browser does not support JavaScript I want to

Contact Info and Maps
News and Entertainment

■ Close an Account

How to close an account

The City of Akron requires all accounts to be in the name of the recorded deed holder of the property. To close an account, please contact us after the Summit County Fiscal Office has transferred the deed out of your name. You may also provide us with a copy of the settlement statement from the sale of the property by:

  • faxing it to 330-375-2308;
  • scanning and e-mailing it to [email protected];
  • mailing it to Akron Utilities Business Office, 1180 S Main St, Suite 110, Akron, Ohio 44301-1253.

To turn off the water at the street, please include a written request signed by the owner to turn off the water. Please submit your request at least one week before the desired date. For example, to have water service turned off on the 10th, please submit your request 5 business days before that day.

You can provide us with a meter reading for the final bill  or you can request we obtain a reading. Please provide a forwarding address and we will mail a final bill to your new address.

Top Requests
and Concerns

Mayor Don  Plusquellic

Search | Sitemap | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Careers | Contact Us

© 2016 City of Akron. All Rights Reserved.

This page was printed from the City of Akron Web site
Visit us online at
© 2015 City of Akron. All Rights Reserved.