Start a neighborhood tradition and have a Block Party on your street! Block off your street for a couple hours to have a neighborhood picnic or event. In order to have a block party you must fill out the application, have your neighbors sign the street closure petition, and turn in your application for approval. There is a $40 application fee. The city will provide the barricades and block the street off for your event once it has been approved.
Block Party Guidelines
- All residents of properties fronting the street to be closed must read these rules and regulations and sign the petition. It is required that every resident on the block agree to the party and sign the petition before permission will be granted. The City will check to make sure all residents have signed this petition. Petitions submitted with missing signatures will cause delays in the petition being processed. For questions, please call 330-375-2804.
- NO LATER THAN TWO WEEK PRIOR TO THE DATE OF THE PARTY, return your completed petition, residents signatures (page 2), sponsors for the party (page 3), the Permit Application for Large Party, if applicable (pages 4-5), and a non-refundable $40 check or money order payable to the City of Akron. Mail or drop off your application to the Recreation & Parks Division, Attn: Community Events Coordinator, 220 S. Balch St., 44302, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM. If the petition is not received two weeks prior to the party, it may not be approved.
- The block party must not last beyond midnight, and sponsors of the party are responsible for clean-up of the area immediately following the event.
- No alcoholic beverages may be consumed on public property.
- Proper noise levels must be maintained at all times. NO LIVE MUSIC AFTER 10:00 PM.
- Intersections of streets cannot be blocked.
Block Party Application
Click on the application button to start your block party application process. Completed applications can be dropped off or mailed to the Recreation & Parks Division, ATTN: Community Event Coordinator, 220 South Balch Street, Akron OH 44302. The office is open Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM. Please call 330-375-2804 with any questions.