2015 Water Quality Consumer Confidence Report
We now provide the annual Water Quality Consumer Confidence Report online. The 2015 CCR is available at www.akronohio.gov/water/ccr. This report has information about the source and quality of your drinking water. A paper copy is available upon request by calling: (330) 375-2748. Previous Reports are available at www.akronohio.gov/cms/Water/CCR/index.html.
The drinking Water Supply Bureau consists of 3 divisions which provides watershed protection, drinking water treatment and drinking water distribution to the citizens and businesses of Akron as well as many neighboring communities. Each division is listed below along with a brief description of their responsibilities. Click on the name of each division to learn more.
- Source water quality protection and security
- Management of four raw water reservoirs and nearly 20,000 acres of City owned property
- Administration of limited recreational programs
- Public education programs focused on watershed protection
- Implementation of an EPA approved Watershed Control Program
- Operation and maintenance of a Ohio EPA Class IV drinking water treatment facility
- Regulatory compliance responsibilities including an on-site certified laboratory
- Public education programs focused on water treatment
- Current and past Consumer Confident Reports
- Operation and maintenance of a more than 1,200 mile water distribution system serving approximately 300,000 customers
- Operation and maintenance of multiple pump stations, finished water holding reservoirs, elevated tanks and standpipes.
- Industrial and residential meter reading and backflow protection.
The Akron Water Supply Bureau is a leading utility partner in the AGWA initiative. AGWA initiates, implements and commercializes the top water systems and technologies from across the U.S. and the world by forming and developing mutually beneficial partnerships on a local, national and international level. Please visit the AGWA website at http://www.akronglobalwateralliance.com
- American Water Works Association
- Ohio AWWA
- Ohio EPA Drinking Water
- US EPA Drinking Water
- The History of Akron Water Supply
- 100 Years of Fresh, Clean Akron Water
- AWS Rules & Regulations
- AWS Standard Drawings
- AWS Water Quality Report
To deliver to the public an ample supply of high quality water that exceeds all regulatory requirements now and in the future.