166 S. High Street, Room 405
Akron, OH 44308-1628
Mike Antenucci MAntenucci@AkronOhio.gov
Liz Denholm EDenholm@AkronOhio.gov
MaryDenise Robb MRobb@AkronOhio.gov
Zoning maintains the integrity and character of your neighborhoods. The Zoning Code contains certain regulations concerning the size of front, side and rear yards, the height of structures, any necessary parking, and other development regulations.
The Zoning Division administers the Zoning Code and Subdivision Regulations; answers questions from developers, contractors, businesses and citizens regarding the uses permitted in an area and the development conditions set forth for such uses; and reviews all site plans before permits are issued by the Plans and Permits Center. The Zoning Division also serves as the offices of the Akron Board of Zoning Appeals and the City Planning Commission.
If you have a question regarding zoning or the (potential) use of a property, please do not hesitate to call us at (330) 375-2350. If you prefer, email us at Zoning@AkronOhio.gov and include the address, parcel number, or location of the property in question, and your name and an email address or phone number where you can be reached. We'll get back to you with an answer as soon as we can.
Here are some additional resources for your assistance:
- Application for Zoning Certification
- Akron Board of Zoning Appeals Packet
- Appeal ORDER TO COMPLY
- Akron City Planning Commission Packet
- Landscape Screening Requirements for Parking Lots
- Maps - Board of Zoning Appeals
- Maps - City Planning Commission
- Maps - Zoning
- Maps - Wards & Other Planning Related Maps
- City of Akron (Akron, OH Municipal Code)
- Zoning Code (chapter 153 Zoning Code)
- Subdivision Regulations (1,780k pdf)