City of Akron 2013
NOTE: Leaf removal is occurring with the existing ward boundaries we have used for years. We have recently discovered there may be some confusion in the community. This may stem from the primary elections and the elections on Tuesday November 5th. For the elections this year, you voted for the candidates using the new (or future) ward boundaries. Since the new wards do not take effect until January 1, 2014, your services are still being provided per your old (or existing) ward.
As always, watch for signs in the tree lawns giving you advance warning of your pickup date or see the schedule below. Call 3-1-1 or 330-375-2311 for more information.
LEAF REMOVAL SCHEDULE:
The following leaf removal schedule is the starting dates for each ward. Please note that each ward takes numerous days to complete.
Please make sure that leaves are not in the street until the day before the scheduled start date for your ward. Please look for signs posted in your ward indicating the start date for your ward. Crews will work 6 to 7 days a week until we have made one round of leaf pickup through the City.
You can BAG your leaves at anytime and call 3-1-1 to schedule one of your 3 annual free Special Bulk Volume Pick Ups through the Sanitation divison. Please note, that Special Bulk Volume pick ups can not be used for loose leaves raked to the curb.
UPDATE AS OF JANUARY 24th:
Due to the continued snow and cold weather, the city had to modify the pick up schedule numerous times. As of Tuesday, January 14, we have completed one full round throughout the city.
Because leaves were not fully down at the beginning of November, we will be making complete sweeps through the first three wards we collected: wards 2, 9 & 7. For residents in these wards, you will see leaf removal signs in your neighborhood before we return.
All other citizens may call 3-1-1 from a landline phone or 330-375-2311 from a cell phone if there are still leaves on your street that need removed.
TO OUR STREET CLEANING CUSTOMERS
* * * PLEASE REMEMBER * * *
- DO NOT allow children to play in leaves on or near the street.
- DO NOT place branches or any other debris in the street. (Leaves only)
- DO NOT rake leaves into the street after leaves have been removed from your street or you will be subject to a fine.
- DO NOT park vehicles on the street the day before your scheduled pick-up, until your leaves have been removed.
- DO NOT park vehicles over leaves. The heat from the underside of the vehicle may cause a fire.
- DO rake leaves into the street, no more than two feet from the curb or street edge, the day before your scheduled pick up day.
- Signs will be posted at intersections to remind residents when leaves will be removed.
SPECIAL NOTE: This year you can choose to rake your leaves to the curb as in the past, or bag them using environmentally-friendly, biodegradable paper leaf bags. These bags are available at many local stores. With either option, the same pickup schedule will be followed.
LEAF REMOVAL INFORMATION:
Our service is more efficient and economical to the resident if these guidelines are followed.